Top New Years Resolutions
- Losing Weight
- Growing out your hair
- Getting Healthy & Fit
- Learn Something Exciting and New
- Spending More Time with your Family
These seem easy enough to do, right? Well, why is it so hard to see our New Years resolutions through? Sometimes our resolutions just aren’t attainable or realistic. Many people make resolutions they’re just not ready for and sometimes they just give up too quickly.
Transforming to a New YOU!
Change isn’t always visible, when you think about starting your fitness journey, the first thing you want to remember is that you’re not going to see the change immediately. Fitness should be a long term goal that is achieved through commitment all year long.
What’s going to make this year different?
Your resolution to go to the gym everyday is getting old. Stop lying to yourself. Here’s a few tips to help you keep your New Years resolution to go to the gym or get healthy and fit alive.
7 Fitness Tips to Keep Your New Years Resolution
- Remember change doesn’t happen over night. Be patient with yourself. Take it day by day.
- Start every day by drinking 6 to 8 oz of water when you first get up. Why? The body goes in a state of dehydration and needs these fluids to operate. Drinking water also helps to release harmful toxins from the body.
- Eat breakfast after you wake up. The old breakfast cliché is really true. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it will increase your fat burning ability, and boost your energy and metabolism.
- Start out by doing cardio workouts at least 3 times a week. Start with workouts that last at least 25 minutes and set goals to build up to more. If you want to add weights, do it slowly. Consider getting a personal trainer to start you on your way.
- Eat at least 3 meals a day–breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacking causes weight gain.
- Try a new cardio class, cycling, or different activities. Break up up the monotony of working out by trying new forms of exercise. Forever Free Fitness offers a weekly FitCamp that combines a variety of workouts to help you get and stay fit.
- Bring a friend to the gym. Sometimes having a friend join in workouts can help you both to stay committed to fitness. You can be each other’s support and more accountable to each other.
Follow her on social media for more great tips:
FitforLife Facebook Page: Forever Free Fitness